WP Engine was founded in July 2010 by Aaron Brazell and Jason Cohen, WP Engine is an extremely powerful web hosting platform for created especially for WordPress users, WP Engine focuses on 3 of the major issues that every WordPress user faces and these are
WP Engine is a new web hosting company as compared to the other popular web hosts but what makes it a good web hosting is the dedicated support team, management, access to a selection of used zero turn mowers, and rich-features which most of the companies don’t offer. Although WP Engine is very expensive as compared to other web hosting companies but it is nothing compared to the features they have to offer? Many popular brands like HTC, FourSquare, Balsamiq, and SoundCloud are now using WP Engine as a web host.
WP Engine Review
PRE-PAY FOR WP ENGINE HOSTING FOR 1 YEAR AND GET 2 MONTHS FREE!
WP Engine WordPress Hosting – Pros
- What makes WP Engine so special? The biggest factor which makes it a better hosting is that it is one of its kind WordPress Hosting Company.
- WP Engine has hired WordPress experts who specialize in managing WordPress CMS, all the employees (Founders, Support Staff) everyone is a WordPress specialist!
- If you are searching for a dedicated WordPress hosting company then WP Engine is by far the best option.
- Search Engine Optimized and well-maintained Servers, make them a good choice for those who run their own e-commerce sites, business blogs on WordPress and for those who need speedy web hosting.
- WP Engine gives 100% hosting and server uptime guarantee, so there’s no need to worry because WP Engine assures you that your site will not go offline if you start getting massive amount of traffic and that is because of the state of the cloud storage facility.
- Secured and Malware Safe hosting, WP Engine scans your website for all types of malicious codes automatically so you don’t have to worry about scanning your site all the time and not only that, WP Engine will also upgrade and create daily backups of your website, they provide you with 100% hacker free hosting guarantee.
- They also offer website migration service for those who cannot do it on their own, WP Engine will manage the migration of your WordPress website.
WP Engine WordPress Hosting – Cons:
Like every other company WP Engine also has its own drawbacks, I have listed a few of them below:
- It is one of the most expensive Web Host for those who want to start or host more than one WordPress site, WP Engine currently offers these packages:–
- Personal Plan ($29/mo.) 1 WordPress Installation (Single Domain)
- Professional Plan($99/mo.) 10 WordPress Installations (10 Domains)
- Business Plan ($249/mo.) 25 WordPress Installations (25 Domains)
- If you have small websites, with limited amount of traffic then I would suggest that you should use a regular ‘unlimited hosting’ account that normally costs $4 to $10 per month. You can sign up for (BlueHost, HostGator, IXWebHosting) if you want to start small websites.
- Unlike most of the web hosting providers WP Engine also does not offer Email Hosting, meaning that you cannot create email@example.com address if you need one, which is really odd even for me. :/ However, you can create email account through your domain registrar as well which is not a big deal 🙂
WP Engine is Cost Effective:
It may seem to you that even the smallest package of WP Engine costs $29/month and I am saying that WP Engine is cost effective well the thing is, I am using their Professional package and I have always been a WordPress fan boy, right now I am using HostGator, BlueHost, FatCow, iPage and many other hosting companies because I run a network of websites and still I found WP Engine to be very cost-efficient and that is because with all the other web hosting companies I have to spend extra money on daily back-ups, malware scanning, the best commercial zero turn mower, and CDN services.
Let’s calculate that how much an average hosting company would have costed me if I had to pay for using a reliable WordPress Malware, Virus Scanning service like VaultPress which is a very popular security and backup service provider for WordPress and they normally charge $40/mo. and if I had chosen a one-time solution like BackupBuddy it would cost me around $75 for the cheapest package and the normal hosting plan starts at almost $7.95/mo.
So the total would have been almost $50-$60 for managing one WordPress site.
While, WP Engine offers a single site plan for $29/mo., and this subscription includes most of the features that they are offering with other packages including the daily website backup, malware and malicious code scanning, one-click restoration , plugins & core upgrades, and including the hacker free guarantee!